Supplier Quality Engineer
You as Supplier Quality Engineer are responsible for the complete process regarding quality of incoming goods. It’s your goal to assure our suppliers only deliver products with an optimal quality. You respond to quality issues of incoming goods and supplier quality in general. Without you, we would not have control over the quality of the goods and products we have on supply.
Your daily job
Supplier Quality is a broad subject within specific boundaries. Being an electronics manufacturer, we purchase and but many materials, components and half fabricates from a broad spectrum of suppliers. Trusting the supplier to provide us with high quality products will not always suffice. Your challenge is to set up a system and processes to guarantee the quality of our incoming goods.
Obviously, this all starts with quality control of supplied goods. The operational control is being done by our warehouse employees and operators, but checking every product is impossible. The SQE will most probably start by investigating found rejects. What did go wrong, and why? What could we do better or differently to ensure a better outcome next time? Is the supplier in the wrong, or did we order the wrong materials?
General tasks for the SQE:
- Managing product deviations and taking corrective actions
- Responding to quality issues and reports from internal stakeholders (Operations, Purchasing, Logistics)
- Communicating with suppliers about their outgoing quality control and taking the lead when problems arise
- Performing supplier audits, delivering audit-reports and taking corrective actions where needed
- Taking an active role in improving Quality systems, quality processes and related documents
Who are you
To start off, describing employees is much more complex then describing processes or products. It’s virtually impossible to write a profile that could fit the ideal candidate for 100%. We acknowledge this, but see the following numeration as our “ideal situation”. Do you feel you fit for the most important part, or do you think your unique background is the ideal match? Please let us know and apply!
You would be best described as:
- Obtained BSc, preferably in a technical field
- Knowledge and experience within quality or quality related projects
- Strong in reduction and deduction
- Good insights in organizational processes within a production company
- Powerful, resolute personality, you will not be stopped by a closed door
- Communicatively strong in English and preferably Dutch
AME is a strongly growing organization specialized in developing and manufacturing innovative, sustainable and high-quality electronic products. Driven by technology, we strive for the best solution, combining our knowledge in electronics, mechanics and software development. Every day, our people work together on amazing new developments in the area of Internet of Things, Power Conversion and Sensing & Actuating. We differentiate by a high degree of automation, vertical integration and our excellent data management systems. At AME, people have the unique opportunity to work with a broad range of high-quality technological products that find their application in many different market segments.
- An inspiring, open, direct, hands-on, flexible and entrepreneurial working culture;
- An ambitious organization, driven by technology and focused on delivering tomorrow’s electronic products, from idea to realization;
- An organization full of young and talented people from all over the world;
- Work with modern and well-equipped facilities;
- Flat organizational structure and short communication lines;
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- At AME you can take your ideas and passion for technology to a next level.
Other relevant positions
Why join AME
Contributing to the creation of tomorrow's products
A flat organizational structure
Open, direct and informal in communication
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
We call you for a short introduction
We meet for one or more interviews
You receive a job offer
Congratulations on your new job