AME is a strongly growing organization specialized in developing and manufacturing innovative, sustainable and high quality electronic products. Driven by technology, we strive for the best solution, combining our knowledge in electronics, mechanics and software development. Every day, our people work together on amazing new developments in the area of Internet of Things, Power Conversion and Sensing & Actuating. We differentiate by a high degree of automation, vertical integration and our excellent data management systems. At AME, people have the unique opportunity to work with a broad range of high quality technological products that find their application in many different market segments.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a strategic partner of the business, you participate in research and development projects on behalf of the purchasing department. You critically challenge and advice the technicians on what they could use best in their development projects, based on functionality, availability and price. You are a spider in the web between our internal product development department and external suppliers.
The Project Purchaser is responsible for:
- Identifying and selecting right suppliers, mainly focusing on critical parts / key value drivers;
- Handling the Requests for Quotation (RfQ’s);
- International supplier relationship management (China, Germany, etc.), mainly focusing on manufacturers;
- Strategically discussing and negotiating about contracts with stakeholders from different levels;
- Keeping track on the Bill of Materials;
- Process monitoring and optimization, including implementing periodic vendor rating analyses.
- At least several years of purchasing experience, built up in a technical and/or industrial working environment (experience with Bill of Materials, key value drivers, etc.);
- Knows what it is to work in an internationally oriented team and working environment;
- Fluent in English; Dutch is a plus;
- MS Excel skills at advanced level;
- Affinity with SAP is a big plus;
- Business acumen, holistic view, negotiation skills, pragmatic and flexible attitude.
Why joining AME?
- An inspiring, open, direct, hands-on, flexible and entrepreneurial working culture;
- An ambitious organization, driven by technology and focused on delivering tomorrow’s electronic products, from idea to realization;
- Be part of a strongly growing and profitable high tech company;
- An organization full of young and talented people from all over the world;
- Modern and well-equipped facilities;
- Flat organizational structure; short communication lines;
- Professional BI tools and data management systems;
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- At AME you can take your ideas and passion for technology to a next level;
- High level of flexibility with respect to working hours;
- Company phone (including private usage).