AME is a strongly growing organization specialized in developing and manufacturing innovative, sustainable and high quality electronic based modules and products. Driven by technology, we strive for the best solution, combining our knowledge in electronics, mechanics and software development. Every day, our people work together on amazing new developments in the area of Internet of Things, Power Conversion and Sensing & Actuating. We differentiate by a high degree of automation, vertical integration and our excellent data management systems. At AME, people have the unique opportunity to work with a broad range of high quality technological products that find their application in many different market segments.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Manufacturing Engineer is part of the Production and Process Engineering team. Through developing and maintaining manufacturing processes, workflows and equipment, this team enables the Operations department to achieve its goals and satisfy customer’s needs. Besides that, the team is working on the “factory of the future” by continuously improving processes, automating manual operations and by extending capabilities with innovative new processes. As a Manufacturing Engineer you are responsible for transferring new products to the factory for (mass)production, by developing efficient manufacturing processes, taking into account all possible risks. This is achieved through good cooperation with the product development team and other stakeholders in the organization. In particular, you will focus on processes related to the assembly of complex systems and modules with electronics.
More specifically, your day-to-day activities could roughly be divided into:
New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Participate in DfX sessions during product development phase
- Design the work stream process based on product and business requirements (Electronics, Cable & wiring, Injection molding, System Assembly)
- Responsible for the realization of processes through deliverables such as PFMEA, Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Coordinate the transfer of tooling and (functional) test systems to production
- Validate manufacturing process at the different stages of industrialization; from prototype phase up till start of (mass)production
- Provide feedback to the product development team during the different stages of industrialization to keep product and process aligned
- Training people on product / process knowledge and practical usage
line technical support for assigned product and processes
- Pro-actively assist in solving product non-conformities in relation with the process
- Maintain and keep product dossier up-to-date; manage changes to product and process
Contribute to continuous improvement
- Initiate improvement (Lean / SixSigma)
- Assist Process and Production Systems Engineering during improvement projects
- At least a Bachelor degree;
- 0-3 years working experience;
- Knowledge of processes and systems in a high-tech production environment;
- Knowledge of methodologies such as FMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D and Lean / Sig Sigma;
- Knowledge of Electronics Manufacturing is considered a plus;
- Able to communicate towards both management- and production floor level;
- A proactive, accurate and structured working style;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
Please be advised, we can only consider candidates that are already based in the Netherlands. We can not offer relocation support or work permit sponsorship for candidates with current domicile abroad.
Why joining AME?
- An inspiring, open, direct, hands-on, flexible and entrepreneurial working culture;
- An ambitious organization, driven by technology and focused on delivering tomorrow’s electronic products, from idea to realization;
- Be part of a strongly growing and profitable high-tech company;
- An organization full of young and talented people from all over the world;
- Modern and well-equipped facilities;
- Flat organizational structure; short communication lines;
- Professional BI tools and data management systems;
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- High level of flexibility with respect to working hours;
- Company phone (including private usage).